AUBERLE HELPS HEAL
through a mission-driven legacy
Auberle was founded through the legacy and generosity of Pauline Auberle, a McKeesport resident, who upon her death willed money and land to the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh to start a "home" for boys. In 1948, the Pauline Auberle Memorial Foundation was incorporated and in 1952 the realization of Pauline's dream took place when Auberle was constructed and opened its doors.
Auberle became a home for adolescent males and was known as the "Boystown of the East." For years, Auberle was dedicated exclusively to providing care to boys. The late 1980s and early 1990s witnessed the planned growth of Auberle into new service areas. In addition to our residential programs for boys and the launch of adolescent male group homes, there was a new focus on keeping families together and providing services to girls and young women.
Today, our programming continues to evolve to meet critical needs in the community such as foster care, workforce development, mental health and drug and alcohol counseling, school-based therapy, housing and shelter.