- Programs & Services
- About Us
- Get Involved
- Resource Library
- Contact Us
The Employment Institute at Auberle
What is The Employment Institute?
More than 1 million youth between the ages of 16-19 are not engaged in an education, vocational or training program and only 40% of at-risk youth receive their high school diploma. The Employment Institute at Auberle exists to change these statistics in our region. The Employment Institute offers multiple nationally recognized certification programs, employment opportunities, soft skill and work readiness training, education services and employment exposure and search services. We work with any individual experiencing a barrier to employment, including individuals struggling with drug and alcohol abuse or mental health concerns.
We develop vocational programming with input from area businesses that are in need of workers. We train youth for jobs that already exist and where available workers are in short supply. We establish connections with businesses to help us identify their true needs and then provide the necessary training and support so our youth are qualified to fill those positions. Interested in enrolling in The Employment Institute? Complete our online form
The Employment Institute works with youth beginning at age 14. There are no maximum age requirements for the program.
The Employment Institute offers the following services
- Vocational Programming: Culinary Arts (certification in ServSafe); OSHA (construction safety certification); HAZWOPER (hazardous waste operations and emergency response environmental certification); graphic design
- Career Exposure & Tutoring
- Soft Skills
- Driver's Training
- Landscaping & Lawn Care Training - An exclusive employment opportunity offered through the Employment Institute
- Established Job Opportunities with Employers - Includes opportunities at Auberle, Sarver Landscaping, UPMC and others. Auberle's Employment Institute is a UPMC POWRR community Partner. Learn about the POWRR Program.
At The Employment Institute we...
- Historically graduate 100% of our eligible high school seniors
- 30% of our youth are either on the honor roll or have a GPA higher than 3.0 each grading period
- Support youth in college and other post-secondary education and career training programs
- Provide on-campus work opportunities in a way specifically designed to teach soft skills and help youth develop a strong work ethic
- Have 646 volunteers who provide job shadowing, internship opportunities and workforce readiness training to our youth
When young people leave The Employment Institute at Auberle, they understand and embrace the "real world" of work and have an employment opportunity that will enable them to be productive members of the community.
For more information on The Employment Institute, complete our online form and a member of our team will contact you directly or contact Rodney Prystash at 412-673-5856 ext. 1224 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of our complete Employment Institute application is also available for download.
Print applications can be mailed to:
Auberle Employment Institute
Attn: Rodney Prystash
1101 Hartman St.
McKeesport, PA 15132